Mind Body Spirit

by Susan Guzman

The mind body spirit concept from ancient Eastern philosophies have been incorporated into many of the conventional medical practices here in the United States.  Over the years there have been some doctors who have been persuaded and influenced by TCM or Traditional Chinese Medicine.  These doctors have seen first hand through studies how some of these ancient Eastern practices have benefited so many patients who along with conventional medicine have shown a marked improvement in their health, and the way they feel about their health, their lives, and their physical well beings.

I actually have used many times some of the techniques mentioned in the following article.  I practice yoga several times a week, and I look forward to it.  It has helped me in so many areas of my life.  The spiritual and physical well being I experience from yoga cannot compare with anything else I have known.

I also see an acupuncturist 4 times a month and these visits help with some physical ailments I have been experiencing.  Because of my age, I have shown signs of hormonal changes going on in my body.  Acupuncture has helped with those issues.  I was also experiencing very severe migraine headaches which I believe to also be hormonal.  I have been feeling so much better since I began my treatment.  I also feel a sense of peace and calm when I am done with my treatment.

As one of the suggestions in the article massage therapy is also a must go to practice in order for me to feel completely loose and less tense which I attribute to sitting at a desk all day at the computer.  One thing the article did not mention that I also do is have a sauna.  I don't go as often as I would like, but when I do go I try to stay in there longer than 10 minutes to really reap the benefits, but I don't enjoy the feeling of physically being in the sauna.  I only like how I feel when I am done.

Well no one expects you to do everything, but pick the ones that seem like you would enjoy most and try incorporating them into your lifestyle for a major improvement in how you feel both physically and emotionally.  You will be forever hooked.

http://lexington.patch.com/articles/mind-body-spirit-a-pathway-to-good-health

Comments

Popular Posts