The Gluten Thyroid Connection

by Susan Guzman

In 2006 I discovered through a simple blood test that I had Hypothyroidism.  I knew I felt like crap, and I knew I was gaining weight by the second, but I thought it was because I had turned 46.  I went on Syntroid as per my doctors instructions and saw no visible improvement in the way I was feeling.  I continued to complain about being tired, and being overweight and also my thoughts were always fuzzy and confused.  My doctor kept telling me that thats what happens when you get older.  I didn't want to accept that as the answer which basically meant get used to living this way.

I sought out advice on the internet and did some research and finally decided to go see a holistic doctor.  I went for my thyroid issues and some female hormonal issues and what I also discovered through blood work is that I have Celiac Disease.  I am now on a compound thyroid medication and I am feeling so much more like myself and I am also on a gluten free diet.  I never put realized there was a correlation between Celiac Disease and Hypothyroidism, but now I wonder which came first for me after reading the article I am about to share with you.  http://chriskresser.com/the-gluten-thyroid-connection

Comments

Popular Posts