So I am doing an Experiment

There is so much information floating around on the web, as well as media, celebrity promotions and all kinds of incredible claims.  So a few of the buzz words that I am sure you have all heard is KETO, INTERMITTENT FASTING, PALEO, GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN just to name a few.

I am gluten free except for today when my daughter and I went to a Mexican restaurant  and I ordered Mahai Mahai fish tacos, gluten free and my daughter ordered Mexican French Toast.  Well that French Toast was to die for and once again I succumbed to temptation and I folded.

Anyway, back to my experiment; I am combining intermittent fasting with Keto to see what kind of changes will happen to my body.  My understanding from reading about Keto is that your body when the carbs are restricted begins to burn fat as fuel instead of sugar.  That is when you body is in ketosis and you begin to burn stored fat.  Well I have fat on my body, so I decided I am going to burn fat.

I remember doing the Atkins diet back in the 90's and by the 4th day I felt so weak that I just couldn't take it.  I had to eat carbs to feel better.  I am currently restricting to my carb intake to 50 grams a day, but honestly that is very little.  Up to 100 grams per day and you will still stay in ketosis and continue to burn fat for fuel.  The trick is that if you fall out of ketosis then you lose the entire effect and ultimately have to start over again.

I got on the scale I believe this past Wednesday and I was 132lbs.  I am 5'2", so although I am physically fit, I do still have fat on my body that needs to be burned off.  For the most part this weekend I did really well, and except for today where I fell off the wagon, I stayed around 50 grams of carbs per day.  I already did not look as bloated.  I am going to continue the 16 hour fasting along with the keto diet plan and I will post my results on here.

If you have any experience with the Keto Diet, or any other diet you would like me to investigate, please leave me a message and sign up for my newsletter.

Comments

Popular Posts