Let's Talk Gluten-Free For A Moment

By Susan Guzman

This article I am sharing with you is basically the same advice I received from my doctor when she first told me I had Celiac Disease.  It's very simple.  Do not get caught up in purchasing Gluten Free products.  Besides being very expensive, they are also highly processed with additives and preservatives and are very unhealty for you besides the fact they contain no gluten.

Eat fresh organic whole foods.  Fruits, veggies and proteins and make this 95% of your diet.  Once in a while if you feel like indulging in something that you had to cut out of your diet because it contains gluten, then satisfy your craving and get the gluten free version.  Let this be the exception and not the rule.  It has worked well for me, and what I find is that most of the gluten free products don't really taste that great, so because of that and the extreme price of it, I tend to stay clear of the gluten free products.  Read the article for more information. 
http://www.kcet.org/living/food/food-rant/gluten-free-foods.html

Comments

Popular Posts